Wednesday 16 May 2018














Sculpted by the legendary Greeny 'Ahn' this bust has terrified me for nearly 2 years. It's something that I felt like I had to build a new skill set for, more so than any other previous bust I have painted. My love for early Mongol culture was sparked by the excellent podcast series by Hardcore History; "The Wrath of the Khans". I have researched what this warrior would wear, the types of armour, the colour pigmentation on the shirt and the type of wood that they used to make the arrows. 

If you would like to paint your own you can buy the miniature here. I have filmed the entire painting process and the entire video series will be available July 2018 via the Patreon. There will also be an accompanying PDF on how to create effective skin tones. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment